Saturday, May 15, 2010

Cooking through CSA 2

Photobucket

I love zucchini sauteed, and could probably use that basic of a recipe to eat zucchini often, but Blake isn't as big of a fan of it as I am. He came up with the idea of using our zucchini from our box by breading and baking them. He also was the one that chose to use the following ingredients: bread crumbs, Parmesan, pepper and Cajun seasoning as the breading for them.
Photobucket
The rest of the recipe was just found online by typing something like breaded baked zucchini chips for the time and for the coating to make the breading stick. They turned out good, I just wish that I had ranch on hand for this veggie side dish. Instead I used sour cream with franks, which was also good.

Photobucket
We had it with simple tuna melts, that we cooked on our panini maker (which was a gift, and I would have never asked for it, but it is sooooo easy and yummy to make toasted sandwiches in, I actually pull it out fairly often.) The cool part of our tuna sandwiches is that we put our homemade bread and butter pickles in it, and that MAKES the sandwich.

That was Friday's dinner.

Photobucket
Tonight we used up our chives on a steak and potato dinner, but we also had it with a side of baked radishes, using the recipe I listed a few posts back. It was really good! We decided that if we get radishes again, I am going to look for more baked recipes, because like I said before, we aren't fans of raw radishes that we have had in the past, and I am reluctant to try them even in a recipe if they are not cooked because of it.

Photobucket
I also used about half of our newest bunch of mint today. Blake was complaining about the mint in the side dishes that I had made last week, and said that although they were all fine (I loved every one lol) he wasn't really a fan. So I decided to try to use some of the mint this week in a dessert as a switch on how to use up the mint, and I made Chocolate Mint brownies. I LOVED them! Blake still wasn't a fan of the mint in them lol. Oh well... more for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment