Friday, April 15, 2011

New date for Ireland...

still unknown!

It is really not my thing to be patient. It is really not my thing to not have plans or to not know my schedule for the next few weeks. It is not my thing to surrender control.

Yet the way this Ireland trip is going, I have had to do all of the above... and still do.

Up until Thursday, Blake didn't even hear from his boss about it, and what he did hear that morning (after having to send an e-mail and ask) was that the woman who will be training him is back this week (which is good) and that his (Blake's) boss will ask her boss to ask her when would be a good week for him to go. And since then... no news. To be fair, Blake's boss did say that he thinks they will know next week when we are going. I am not completely giving up hope on it falling during my Easter break (week of the 25th) but it is looking slimmer.

It's fine, it just means I would again have to book and pay for a sub, I would have to plan the week's lesson plans, and the kids would miss me for a week again (basically eliminating a few of my positives from a previous post). Upside is that I would get a week off for my break and then a week in Ireland, that's not all bad, plus I get to schedule time with some of my friends during that week (plans that are currently on hold while we figure out our schedule, as is Blake's birthday since that could be taking place in Ireland if we are there the first week in May). Also, I can use the week off to do all the planning for the week I am gone. I doubt that it would be the second week in May, since his boss was pretty anxious for him to go as soon as possible. But who knows.

However, if we are leaving next weekend, the tickets will be more expensive because of the shorter notice. Plus Ireland has Monday off, so we probably wouldn't be there 5 days, only 4 (not a big deal, just condensing/eliminating stops for time reasons). The thing I am most disappointed about is that with that new arrangement, Blake likely wouldn't have any "tourist" time there except at nights. He so doesn't care, and my thoughts of us booking a hotel for one night just so he could have that time there were totally shot down, he just wants to be home.

I did want to add that I would love your prayers for him to get better. There is a multitude of health problems that he is having, and has been having off and on since early March. During this month and a half he has been to numerous doctors, more than once, and even one night in the emergency room. The biggest concern is that he still isn't better after so long, but the problem is that its not just one thing, its one problem that gets fixed, but then he has another problem, and another one and another etc. Sigh. Just pray.

Oh, and to keep life exciting... my computer is unhappy. This post was written on Blake's computer, because mine no longer turns on or stays on if I can get it to turn on. I have some adorable pictures of Lily, but I was too lazy to hook up my camera thing to his computer to post them.

One last tidbit is that since we have a multitude of limes that piled up in our cupboard, I am attempting to have a lime themed week next week! Every meal will use limes in it at least once. I'll try to take pictures and have that be my next (or future) post!

No comments:

Post a Comment