Monday, April 18, 2011

Flights booked for April 30th

Life would be just too simple if it had fallen neatly during my Easter break. Alas, it falls the week after. Upside is that I get two and a half weeks off teaching :-) downside is that I have to plan lesson plans, and get a substitute for the week I am gone, and my kids will have to have a sub after all.

Many of the other positives noted in a previous post remain though, time to pack, time to plan, better weather, things open because it is later in the season.

A random downside is that I have no patience in waiting to read the books I was going to read on the plane... already finished one, and about halfway through another :-D guess I'll have to buy more. :-)

Truth is, it was a bit of a let down that it is the week after my break when it could have fallen during the break instead, and it does mean a lot more work for me, and yet another week added to my wait (weird thought that I would already have gone and come back if the original plan would have worked out...)

But I have known and believed since I was little that all things work together for a reason (Rom. 8:28) and that whenever we go, is when we should go, and it will be the trip it was supposed to be for us. It's possible that Blake needs that time to recover, or my extra couple weeks of fine tuning my plans will make them better.

A few definite pluses with the current plan is that I get to have spring break here, and spend time with my friends and relaxing instead of having my last big break till summer packed with a trip. Also, it looks like Blake is getting more time to see Ireland with the current plan than he would have if we had gone last week. I haven't asked about my walking tour yet, but I am hopeful that will work out better as well.

Anyways, I have been keeping this blog fairly updated with news about the trip, and thought I should share the great news that we do have a new date, we do have new flights booked and our hotel booked again, and we are working on finalizing all the other stuff now too (pet care, sub etc.). 12 (more) days to go.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your trip. Especially now that you're not waiting in limbo-land to figure out when it's going to be!

    ReplyDelete