Monday, November 4, 2013

Mini post 2- Getting Through the Days

Mondays are still bad- Grace has had Blake all weekend and doesn't adjust well to him not being there.

But the other days are pretty good most of the time now. This is largely because I've learned that Grace needs something to make the day different. This can be visiting someone, like my mom, or going somewhere or just getting to paint or do playdough ( a non-normal toy).

It makes the day go faster for me too, and probably helps me deal with her little frustrations better.

She also likes to help, so I can turn around a temper starting to brew with, "Do you want to help mommy?" and naming a task for her.

In addition, I have become quite skilled at finding a way to have her on me at the same time that he is (like while nursing). She has colored with markers, played the piano and had books read to her all while she sits on my thighs, near my knees while I nurse him. Not easy for me, but keeps my two kids happy, so it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment