Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Sometimes you have to let them cry

This was some very wise advice given to me by a mom of five last Friday that pretty much sums up my weekdays now that Blake is back at work.

I don't like hearing my kids cry, who does? But it has become a fact of life. Mostly it is Grace very much acting like a terrible two, who never gets the attention she wants, and gets into everything when she isn't screaming. But when she gets into something I have to say no, or take it away and we go right back to screaming.

There are good times, thankfully it isn't literally the whole day, but it is truly a large portion of what I call grumpy Grace times. I'm hoping she adjusts to the baby brother and no dad during the day life quickly.

On the other hand Remington also has to have some crying times where I am getting Grace water or changing her diaper or stopping her from hurting herself during tantrums. He is generally a great, calm baby, but he lets you know when he is hungry or needs a diaper change and sometimes that coresponds to when she needs something.

I wish I could be everything to both kids as soon as they need me... But I can't, and it was nice to be told it is okay for them to be unhappy for some of the day.

  Mostly random pictures, but the one where Blake is wearing a Jersey is from Remmy's first Ducks game at 3 weeks old. He was great! Slept through the first two periods and nursed during the third.

No comments:

Post a Comment