Monday, September 9, 2013

As Summer Ends

As of yesterday, I am 39 weeks pregnant. Even taking into account that multiple studies have said that the average length of a pregnancy for a first time mom is a little over 41 weeks, I am almost at the end, no matter how you slice it. This is very obvious in my prenatal yoga class as for the last couple of weeks, I am either the farthest along or tied for farthest.

I mentioned in one of my last posts that there are few positions comfortable to me left, and even those tend to be the least of the evils. My main position that is still comfortable is laying on my side, and it is a bit difficult to lay on your side and post anything on the computer. So I don't post much, or do much on my computer at all if I can avoid it. Most things I do on my phone, but a blog isn't one of them. Besides the fact that again, I have gotten out of the habit of taking pictures of Grace, as most of the things we do are the same week after week.

Many of my most recent posts have happened only because someone brings up that it has been a while since I posted... otherwise, I probably wouldn't post at all until I could announce that we have our little boy (plus recovery time for me).

I do have some new photos, so I will share those with captions... before I head back downstairs to the couch to my comfortable position to watch TV.

On one of the last weekends before it closed for the fall, we went to lagoon by our house as a family.
 photo IMAG0190_zps6223a20c.jpg

 photo IMAG0195_zpsa2f8a444.jpg

 photo IMAG0200_zpsb69d3ec0.jpg

 photo IMAG0201_zpsd29d4cd1.jpg

 photo IMAG0202_zps659949eb.jpg

Grace enjoyed playing in the sand as well as playing out in the water with Blake.

 photo IMAG0973_zpsee47a403.jpg
One of Grace's favorite games lately is running away until someone asks, "Where did Grace go?" and then she runs back in the room, and we say "There she is!" She cracks up, and does it again and again and again, usually until we, the adults, get tired of it.

 photo IMAG0977_zps301ecf15.jpg
She is playing with my mom's necklace.

 photo IMAG0987_zpsba498a7b.jpg

 photo IMAG0989_zps40abd1a1.jpg
A few pictures from a family wedding we went to recently.

 photo IMAG0991_zps0230d0f5.jpg
Grace trying Red Red for the first time (a Ghanian dish).

 photo IMAG0994_zps93aec08f.jpg

 photo IMAG0995_zps4c8f9aef.jpg

 photo IMAG0998_zpsee1f431b.jpg
Pictures from breakfast with my parents.

************
A side note about how I am currently feeling:

Pregnancy has been relatively easy on me, but at the same time most days I feel ready to be done (especially in this heat wave) and ready to start the next chapter. Until then, I look at it like I have another day with Grace before she has to share me, another night of sleeping soundly, and another day before we have to figure out the new normal of life.

It is very strange to me that we are now in September, and I don't have a classroom. I realize I haven't taught since January, so I should be used to it by now, but for the last six years August and September means getting ready and starting a new year with a new class, and it almost doesn't seem like it could be September yet since I haven't done that. 

I also feel guilty about Grace. I think she is ready for potty training (more on that on some future post, I'm sure), but because her brother could arrive any day... we aren't. It, quite frankly, will be easier to keep her in diapers, and change them when we have time in between feeding and caring for a newborn than it will be to be doing the tough job of running her to the toilet every time she asks, immediately when she asks. It just isn't practical. Plus, many child development books say that you shouldn't start it when anything big is happening in life, as the child is likely to regress anyways. But if it wasn't for having a baby soon, we would be potty training now, and so I feel bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment