Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Excuses, Pictures and Videos

Chairs are not my friend these days. Most of them are uncomfortable, and the few that aren't make me too likely to just slouch and lean back, which apparently can lead to our little one turning breech... which would be bad. So, most of the time I am sitting on the ground, or on our exercise ball, which is currently downstairs.

Neither of these good positions are a possibility for when I am typing on the computer. This is my first excuse for why I don't post half as many blogs or Grace updates as I would. I know I am verbose, and when I set out to write a blog, I don't limit myself on words, but know that it is done while I am definitely feeling uncomfortable.

Secondly, my photobucket account is rapidly filling, and so to slow down my wonderful free space on that website from filling up, I no longer upload every single picture I take on my phone, instead picking through my phone pictures for what to upload. This means that while I could just sit down and type up a blog about life, or pregnancy or cloth diapers or any of those such things, it wouldn't include pictures. To have a blog with pictures requires the extra step of uploading from my phone, and then sitting down to write, and most days, that seems like too much effort.

The final excuse/reason for why Grace centered picture blogs are so rare is that (as mentioned previously) I simply don't take as many pictures as I used to. Life has developed at least somewhat of a pattern. We do very similar things every week, and so I don't think to take pictures unless something strikes me as exceptionally cute or significant. I still enjoy the moments, but don't think I need another picture of her coloring, or playing with her blocks, or doing any of the number of things she does often during the week.

Enough excuses. Today, as promised, I got some pictures and videos uploaded for everyone's viewing pleasure, and I will have some captions as well.

 photo IMAG0922_zpsb47a2953.jpg
She is becoming a girl after my own heart as far as books are concerned. She loves books, and will often during the day go to where her books are, pick one out, and bring it to me to read to her (she will say "Me?" as her way of asking). This picture was taken at a moment that particularly showed me that we are developing a little reader- she had decided, on her own, to go to this chair with her book, pull herself up, and read the book herself, with her little snacks next to her. So cute! Other times I see her laying on the ground "reading" her books, frequently with the books upside down.

Her favorites are the touch and feel kind of books- Touch and Feel Wild Animals, or Farm Animals, or Pets. She loves books with animals, even if they aren't touch and feel too.

 photo IMAG0943_zps46cb19e8.jpg
We are still attending princess ballet, and have one class left next week (the last 15 minutes will apparently end with a performance...I don't expect Grace to actually do anything like she is supposed to, but contact me if you are family and want to see... but I guarantee nothing). In the last few weeks, we had some good times and some bad times, most classes having at least some of each, a tantrum or two and at least one dance that she does.

Today we happened to have an exceptionally good day, with very few tantrums, and her trying (without my overt prompting or moving her body) to do the movements the teacher wanted her to. She does have a good heart though, as the thing she is probably best with in the class is following the "Give your teacher the ____." She eagerly and happily walks over to the teacher to give her the bean bag, scarf, wand, tutu or other object as requested at the end of the song. I think her favorite is dancing with the scarf. I do know that she was likely too young to do this class, especially as it was intended, but I think that it was fun to do together (when she wasn't screaming), and more importantly taught my little toddler some of her first lessons about having to listen, follow directions, take turns and not take other people's things.

One last thing which I think is adorable about dance class is that tonight, every time Blake asked her if she did dance today, she starts to dance around the room, and does better with the stuff that she is supposed to do in class than she does during class! For example, she is supposed to go on her toes at one point in class... and I can never seem to get her to do it then, but she does it as part of her dancing for him, like they do in class.

 photo IMAG0946_zps3205c1d6.jpg
As the time for her brother approaches, we have been trying to talk to her about babies and how to hold babies, and there are times I think it is sinking in. She actually is showing some interest now in her dolls, and will hold them nicely if prompted to. I don't think the whole brother thing will really sink in until it is happening, but at least we are making some effort.

 photo IMAG0949_zpse41f6a13.jpg
The dogs and Grace have always had a good relationship, and here is one of the many photos I could show demonstrating both our dog's patience with her, and her lack of fear of our dogs (even though they are many times her size).

 photo IMAG0953_zpse782d5f4.jpg
Here she is laying on the floor playing a harmonica. After multiple attempts, she now is fairly consistent at making noise by blowing through it, very cute.

 photo IMAG0956_zpse3440be6.jpg
This one I took because it was funny to me how she just randomly had a leg up while playing.


This video shows a portion of her vocabulary for those of you who haven't seen it in person. She demonstrates her asking for more, saying please and at the end, though it is hard to hear, she says her version of thank you. It comes out more like "tee tu" but she uses it correctly as thank you often at home.


This video was taken on Sunday. Sorry about the background noise, but I just loved the moment between Grace and Blake and decided to film it.

So there are my updates, complete with pictures. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment