For various reasons, Blake and I went with waiting longer, and just saving like crazy, but it makes sense that not everyone can do that. A bunch of websites allow you to sell their stuff, in exchange they give the families a large portion of the proceeds. I plan on perusing this list as I shop for Christmas this year (if I shop for Christmas at all lol).
So... I decided to do what I could to help these families, if not by buying the items, but by sharing them with my small group of readers so that they can see if any gift items for people this year can be bought from one of these many sources and help another family adopt a child!
I apologize that it isn't better organized. It is a copy from a facebook post, but hopefully all of the links still work. Lots of people selling coffee and t-shirts. Thanks for looking, all of these families appreciate it if you do.
- Jenni Franck Wolfenbarger You can shop Scentsy, Arbonne, Tastefully Simple and 31 Gifts to name a few all in one spot. Benefits Wolfenbarger and Schrecengost adoptions. http://www.facebook.com/events/443188545723339/?ref=ts&fref=ts
- Kristin Lusby Miller ok friends!! You can order ANYTHING from the 147 Million Orphans website and credit it to our adoption but you must use "our" link below or it won't go to us. Check out the "Minus 1,2,3,4..." shirts!! Great ideas for Valentine's Day. I also have a link...See More
- Christine Moghadam Our adoption foundation (Adopt together) filmed our story to help us with our fundraising to bring our 4 kids home. I have a couple fundraising pages on my blog (t-shirts and coffee) as well as our Adopt Together link (www.adopttogether.org/moghadam) where donors can donate towards t-shirts etc.
- Jeff Bobb Just created a straight donation online page http://www.youcaring.com/fundraiser_details?url=bobbadoptionfund&fundraiser_id=2026
- Amy Tomasello MacLaughlin T-shirt Design with Proceeds going to Ghanian Orphanges (and $1 from every sale to Feeding the Orphans:http://www.etsy.com/listing/101892968/be-the-change-you-wish-to-see-in-the
Africa “Love” t-shirts. All profits will go towards orphanage donations (medical/clothing/food/water – whatever their needs are at the time),
- Christin Slade http://joyfulmothering.net/avodah-coffee-adoption-fundraiser/ Love coffee?
- Laura Owens Lamb https://www.etsy.com/listing/104057319/how-many-ways-can-you-say-orphan-short
- Stacy Richardson Just started a puzzle fundraiser out of desperation to get our dossier to Ghana. Didn't think we would be needing money this early but our HS took forever to be completed so we have only started applying for grants and such in the last couple months and they take a while to process. So, if you would like to buy a puzzle piece for $10 head over to our blog. www.travisrichardsonandfamily.blogspot.com