Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Precious Pups

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App There are days I think that our dogs believe they own the house, and we are just the humans they allow to live with them. It made me smile when I walked into the living room one day last week and saw the two of them like you see above. It actually isn't that uncommon of a sight, but I did finally manage to get a picture of it. It is almost as if they are saying, "What? Don't these chairs belong to us?" Today, this was the sight I saw in the living room, the result of our two wonderful dogs having a marvelous time tearing one of their stuffed animals apart and spreading the fluff all around the room. Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App I didn't really mind, I knew that that particular toy was due to go any day since the neck had already started to open, and the last time I saw the dogs with it they were playing tug of war with it, with Roxie on the head side and Tasha on the body side. My first instinct was to grab a camera, and send the picture to Blake. He said it is his favorite picture of the dogs we have. I did tell them to sit for the picture, they had come into the room where I was reading before I walked into that room. One of these days I am going to get a picture of them playing together. Yesterday, I had so much fun watching them play in the back yard. They started with some tug of war over another toy (a circular one) and then Roxie got it, and ran away. Tasha, predictably, chased her, and they started running full speed around our back yard. At one point Roxie pulled a complete feint by dropping the toy on the ground, and staying still near it. Sure enough, right when Tasha bought it enough to try to go for it, Roxie snatched it up and ran around again! I wish I had gotten it on camera! Since I am at home, I can reasonably predict that they will have one play time in the morning and one in the afternoon/ evening. The rest of the day they spend sleeping and following me from room to room.

No comments:

Post a Comment