Friday, July 6, 2012

On its way

On June 25th, I posted that our dossier was on its way to the agency and then on its way to Ghana, and I haven't updated any news since then.

Well, shortly after typing that post, I got a message from our agency that there was a problem with our paperwork. To put it shortly, the paper that we sent to the doctor needed an official stamp, not a handwritten doctor's address, so... they got sent back to us... snail mail (note that I don't blame the agency for this, actually I think it is a wise use of funds to not rush it back to me, since there is no child waiting, and this is all just done ahead of time). Meaning that my expensive FedEx trip was even less useful than I thought.

Anyways, we waited a week or so for that to make its way back to us, and it arrived early this week. I went in person to the doctor's office this time (no more slow waiting for our papers to be sent around) and got it stamped. Then, you guessed it, back to the FedEx office. This time I predetermined a price limit, and asked how fast it could get there for x amount. It arrived at the agency today, and I have to say, I was pretty happy to see this e-mail message in my inbox:

Just wanted to let you know that I received your stamped medicals so I'll be sending your dossier over to Ghana today!
 All that work and trouble, but finally, it is on its way to the country it needs to get to. Now, let's hope a phone call is in our near future. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment