Friday, June 10, 2011

No good, very bad etc. day

You know, the name of my blog was inspired by the book about Alexander and the day that he had, that is cute as an adult reading it thinking wow... he thought that was so bad, and it generally teaches the lesson that sometimes days are like that.

But really, some days are like that.

Wasn't too bad till I left for my classroom, and looked at the house, and decided that it wasn't just a getting used to it thing... in sunlight, it is way too bright blue. We are now THAT house on the street, the one that neighbors avert their eyes from. I called Blake... partially hoping it was just me... but it wasn't, its bad, really (the picture on the post before was taken at a time of day when it doesn't look too bad, and it actually looks pretty good at night, but in bright sunlight... bleh).
Photobucket
(edit- still not showing it in full brightness, but currently we are wondering if we change the white and not the blue it won't be so bad. Compare to our neighbors' houses though...)
Photobucket
Photobucket

Get to work... had a meeting that was rough. Nothing bad exactly, and nothing I want to post on such a public forum, but let's just say that it went differently than I had hoped, and I was left with a worse feeling of bleh. I worked at my classroom for a few hours, and then came home... to see the house again, and worry about what to do about it.

We have decided to fork out more money that we should be saving for the adoption and get it repainted... yes... it's that bad. Not sure how much it will set us back, but honestly, Blake doesn't even like being in public with our house at this moment. It's bad. So we went out, instead of making dinner, because we both were too bleh to cook (even though we have plenty of food) and then bummed it on the couch with a movie.

See... nothing so bad (like Alexander) but just one of those days that you are happy to see end, and hope tomorrow will be better.

On the bright side, we got our revised homestudy back, and I spotted no mistakes this time! Yay! I-600A goes out tomorrow (fingers crossed).

3 comments:

  1. Honestly Lisa the house barely looks bright at ALL to me! Can you post a picture in which you think it looks brightest? I hate to see you waste money on something when it might be totally fine!

    (((HUGS))) about the rest of the day . . . :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your neighbors green house is as bright green as the blue! Maybe changing the white to more of a bluish gray or something would work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I said in the post, we will probably try with just changing the white first. My mother in law suggested more green plants growing up the sides might make it less noticable too.. At this point, both Blake's parents and my parents say it isn't so bad too... maybe we are just more sensitive because it's our house.

    ReplyDelete