Thursday, June 9, 2011

New House color!

Well, the painting on the house finished today, and it looks so different, Blake and I are still trying to figure out if we love it... and worrying that the association might change its mind. It's bright, and its blue. We really like the color when we just look at our house, its just that at this point we are concerned that it might be too different for the neighbors etc. So... here are before and after pictures (not same angle, but its what I have for now), and if you read this... I would love to hear what you think of the color. :-)

Photobucket

Photobucket

In other news we had an interesting experience with our home study recently. We got our copies in the mail yesterday, and as soon as I could, I sat down and started reading it. It was interesting hearing an account of our lives, and reading that they believe that we would be good adoptive parents. However, it had numerous mistakes ranging from small typo kind of things (Davis instead of David for Blake's middle name, extra .00 at the end of a number, Chenille instead of Chenile), which is bad enough, but it also said that our secondary guardians for our child are Richard and Anita Schweppe, Blake's parents (!), and that we were only approved for 0-4 year olds (bad because if we accept a 4 year old, and they turn 5 during the process we have to deal with major problems because we wouldn't be approved to take them home anymore, and would have to get approved again). Worse with these two problems were that I already told them that they were my parents and that we wanted to be approved up to age 7 just in case.

So today, I called our adoption agency to confirm that these were indeed big issues, and was told that I did need to get it fixed, and would even if it was just the address being the problem. When I called our home study agency the phone just rang...and there was no answering machine. So by this point I was frustrated, and wrote an e-mail to them (which reading back later, was meaner than I meant to be) and then called one more time. The ending is good that their document person got on the phone and recorded all the errors I caught, said she would fix them, and send it back out today and was very nice about it, but it was a hard circumstance anyways.

Other news is that my summer has kind of begun! At least, my teaching is done, now I have to power through cleaning and organizing my classroom so I can be on summer for real. I'll probably post later on my class' sweet gifts (that show how well they know me :-) ) but for now, I am looking forward to more time to read.

1 comment:

  1. i like the blue.. I love pink, blue and yellow for house colors :). I have never seen your home either. I really love it! THanks for sharing! I miss our weekly Thursday night get togethers too...

    ♥cheche

    http://savedthrulove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete