Sunday, May 29, 2011

Letters

Dear Sea World,
My husband and I had a great time at your park yesterday, but we did have a few complaints. First, although we knew going Memorial Day weekend was going to be busier, we recommend working on the process to enter the parking lot, since it took us an hour to go from leaving the freeway to entering the parking lot, and part of that was due to people using left lanes to cut. We enjoyed getting to see the different animals, like the baby beluga, and we also enjoyed the shows.

Our other big complaint was about food. Around lunch time, every single food establishment had huge, unorganized lines, and so although we wanted to eat something somewhat healthy, we resorted to just nachos for lunch just because it was the only line that was somewhat shorter. Even so, we waited at least a half an hour to get to the front of the line because it ran out of hot dogs (especially since we didn't want a hot dog, and it shouldn't have affected the whole line that the front people were waiting for it). Also, when I got to the front of the line, I was told that it was no longer a line, and so I felt like I had to cut in front of another line to be able to even stay near the same spot in line (though they did allow it). So my suggestion is to 1- add more food places throughout the park for these busy days, even if they are just little carts throughout with a healthy choice or two. 2- It would be wonderful if it was organized so that if/when something goes wrong at a food place, that you have it set up to keep people moving through, like taking orders for hot dogs while they cook, or having a separate line for those just who want nachos.

Even so, thank you for doing a special for teachers, so that I could get in for the rest of the year free. Thank you for rescuing the animals for the pet show, and thank you that in spite of the above problems, my husband and I were still able to have a good time even with a very crowded park.

Sincerely,
Lisa Olsen


Dear Blake,
Thank you so much for being the calm voice that when I am ranting about the unfairness of the fertility of the families like the Duggars, you remind me that it is unfair also that there are kids out there who for whatever reason were not able to stay with their parents, and in doing so remind me that I can be part of fixing that unfairness instead of complaining about the unfairness of who can get pregnant and who can not.

I love you so much for that,
Lisa

Dear Students,
We only have 7 more days together in this fourth grade year, and for the last three, I am not even going to try to get education through your head, but instead celebrate the year we had together. However, Tuesday through Friday, as close as it is, I am supposed to get information through your head... so I would really appreciate it if you could put a lot of effort into trying to listen and not talk, at least for short period of time during the day. I would also really appreciate it if you could leave all drama until the summer, and just think of every child in the classroom as your best friend.

Thanks,
Your teacher


[p.s. none of these letters will actually be sent, but are just a fun way to reflect on my life at the moment.]

No comments:

Post a Comment