Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Ireland preview

When I return, I fully intend to write a long extended post (or posts) about my trip detailing what I learned and saw and took pictures of. But at the moment, I am in an internet cafe because I just finished a walking tour that was supposed to be 2 hours, but ended up being closer to three, and while I learned a lot and enjoyed it, there were no real opportunities to sit, so I decided to use this as an excuse to rest.

We are here, we had a great day yesterday, and a good day Sunday, though we were totally exhausted. Today is Blake's first day of work, and my first day of being here on my own. I am doing well with it, and learning to adapt to changes in my original plan. For example, I was going to catch a 1:30 train to Skerries today, but since the tour ended up going long, that didn't happen, and I am not sure when the next one is so I most likely won't be going today, but more importantly I am currently tired (thus the cafe), and hungry (and will be searching for food after this) and my camera is out of batteries (so I need to search for those).

To be honest, I am fine with the change of plans. I have lots of options, currently I am thinking about a museum or two after I get those problems mentioned above taken care of.

I am happy to state a lack of fear as well, since Blake and I were walking around a lot the days before, I now feel fairly comfortable with the layout of our area, and there are TONS of people everywhere, so I don't really have many opportunities to feel alone or scared.

That's my little update.

On a random note... it has been pretty wierd to be disconnected from the internet for the most part while here, having to find out the weather from TV or newspapers, and not being able to check e-mail, but I think its been good to disconnect.

Not sure if/when I will get a chance to post again, but this has been a nice little chance to catch up on e-mails, facebook, and my blogs. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment