Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pinch me, I must be dreaming!

So... Blake sends me a text Friday afternoon, though I didn't get it, and asks me about it when I got home. I go over and read it, and his boss wants to send him to IRELAND for a week to learn something new!

I am freaking out in a good way, wanting to join him on this business trip to 1- not be away from him, and 2- be in IRELAND! It would be an amazing deal for me to go since we really just have to pay for my plane flight and then any money I spend on what I do there, and all of his stuff is paid for as well as both of our food as long as it stays under 50 a day. What an amazing opportunity!

He was not at all excited about going, and was trying to get me to really tone down my excitement since we didn't have dates yet or it confirmed that he was going, his boss had to check and make sure it was approved etc. Yesterday I find out that 1- yes he is going for sure, 2- Its actually a really good week for me, since it is SAT week at my school which means I am not really doing much teaching at all. Today I went in, and talked to my principal about it, got the week cleared, got a substitute... and it looks like we will be going to Ireland on April 10th!

I can't believe that it is all happening so fast, and I had no idea that this was even a possibility with his job. The downside is that he will be working during the day so I will be off on my own adventures, but even so, I am through the moon excited.

Some last details at home including finding someone to care for our pets, booking flights, etc. but yeah... I am spending so much time looking up public transport in Dublin, things to do, and just getting more excited every minute!

Here are the things I am looking at now:
A walking tour that takes the group through a bunch of historical locations in Dublin, while explaining the history of it as well.

Dalkey Castle where everyone who works there is in costume and in character as they take you on a tour of the place and explain what everyone would be doing at that time.

Hop on Hop off bus for most of the rest of the visit, because it is just a continuous circuit that you can get on and off at any of the stops, and stay at each stop however long you want, as long as buses are still running. I think this will help me get around as well as see a lot of Dublin in basically 3 days (I know, so not long enough... but I have to go with what Blake is getting paid to stay there for).

I am also familiarizing myself with the different forms of public transport in Dublin, and there are a lot, and trying to make sense of all of them lol. They have a light rail, a public rail, and a bus system as far as I can tell. For many places, I will use a combination of different ones to get around.

Anyways, I am just super excited, and plan to post lots of pictures when I get back, and wanted to share my joy with anyone who reads my blog.

3 comments:

  1. I don't want to pinch you... cause waking up would suck. Congratulations, and have an awesome trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,that will be great! We took a vacation in Ireland last summer, so look at my blog in Aug for pics. Three days is definitely enough time for Dublin. I would try to get out of Dublin as much as possible given Blakes schedule. You can drive across the island in only a couple of hours, so if there is a train or something it is easy to get out. We arrived at the airport in late morning, rented a car, and saw Blarney Castle before dinner to give you a sense of how close things are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds AMAZING!!! I want and will get to ireland somehow someway. lol One step at a time Lord willing...

    ♥ cheche

    ReplyDelete