Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Quick Update

I have a longer post planned, but I wanted to throw out there quickly that I just finished the hardest adoption paper to date... basically a huge checklist of could you consider or could you not consider adopting a child with each of these specific issues.

I didn't even realize how many different things could be wrong, and it included broad categories too! Not to mention that every time I checked either box it felt like a huge momentous decision... I just said no to all children with this need or I just agreed that we would be open to this situation. It was huge, and pretty eye opening too.

With the help of the internet, careful consideration, prayer and discussion with Blake, we (ahem... I) made a check in one of the two categories for every decision. Nice thing is that even with boxes in the "could consider" category, 1- it doesn't mean we will be referred a non-healthy child, and 2- even if we get referred a child with something we said okay to, we don't have to accept the child if at that point it sounds worse than we initially understood.

I just wanted to share that we completed this challenging paper for our adoption agency. Few more to go, and we can send back this set of paperwork. Oh, and our home study agency also accepted our application, so that's progressing too!

2 comments:

  1. how exciting!! I had no idea you were adopting but I will be praying when the thoughts strike and lifting this exciting and vigorous and exhausting time up!!!

    ♥cheche

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, that part seems so big. We are not there yet, but I have no clue what we will do.

    ReplyDelete