Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Presents

I am blessed (spoiled really) when it comes to Christmas presents every year. This is mostly due to the fact that I teach at a private school, so I get lots of presents there, and both my parents and my husband's parents have been very generous with gifts even though we are "grown up" now. :-)

I love the sweater that my grandma got me...

I love the books I was given... including all of the ones I asked for plus Barnes and Noble money...
Photobucket

I am super excited with all of the food giftcards, which I estimate will pay for our date nights for the next few months!
Photobucket

I am blessed by the cash and grocery store gift cards that go to paying regular expenses...
Photobucket

I am excited to watch the detailed animal movies in the life set that we got...
Photobucket

I got many other small amazing gifts as well...

But my favorite gift is none of the above.

The best present I got this year was this one:
Photobucket

This is an item that I bought for Blake the first month that we started trying to get pregnant. My idea was to give it to him the month we found out. I hid it away...but didn't think about it much as it wasn't happening. One day Blake found it, and I told him my idea, and how it probably was just going to our kid someday. I don't remember what happened to it after that... until Christmas morning... when I unwrapped it... and knew exactly what it meant...

we are starting the adoption process!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, that's exciting news.

    But I got really confused when you said you knew just what it meant, I thought: "Wait, why would Blake know before she did if she were pregnant..."

    Now I get it. And that is super exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Blake did that. I got chills when I read it--I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete