Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 in review

Inspired by a former classmate's blog... I decided to spend part of the last 2 hours and 15 minutes or so looking back over 2010 and re-capping it for you and me, because otherwise, how else is New Year's Eve really a special day if you don't take it and remember to look back over the year?

January

It seems like forever ago, but it was actually last January that we remodeled our downstairs bathroom and finished our laundry room! We haven't done an indoor project since :p lol!

February

I didn't write anything this month... and honestly don't remember much of it either... lol guess that goes with my 2011 goal of being better at blogging/status updates online.

March

We started our garden, which actually was one of our best gardens to date, we were getting tomatoes up until a few weeks ago!

April

April was a big month for us this year! We both went to Morro Bay for my Mother in law's 50th, and then I traveled to Oregon to see my friend (and cousin in law) Emily. Both great trips! The bike riding we did on her trip actually got us to get our bikes up and running, and now (on sunny days) Blake rides to work!

April was also the month that Roxie got into the garden (I had forgotten about that!), but it recovered really well.

Probably the biggest, life altering thing in April 2010 was that we started our CSA box! I can't imagine life without it now, and it is far from the first thing to go if we have to do budget cuts!

May

May had two main highlights just based on my blog (which I feel like I actually did pretty well mentioning main events on it). One was that we were starting to get our produce this month and I was loving the CSA, and the other was that we made the decision to stop trying to get pregnant and adopt. Big stuff! Not in the blog... or anywhere sadly... but big was that I cleared my credential! It took two years, and a lot of extra time, but its done, now I just have to pay to renew it! Yay!

June

Finished my hardest 2nd grade year ever, and found out that I was moving to 4th grade, and started my summer by working hard to get ready for that. I also started trying to make a few cookie batches each week. On our actual anniversary we attended the foster adoption orientation... and by our anniversary dinner a few days later decided to adopt internationally instead, but had to save for a while first.

July

Trip to Colorado, and moved me into my new classroom, and I started feeling okay about teaching 4th.

August

Biggest occurrence in August was Nancy passing away, which was a hard experience for me... harder than I thought.

September

Started teaching 4th grade, and lots of drama with it (seems to be good now though), and we bought half a bison!

October/November

Nothing too exciting based on blog titles... but I did get my hair cut short.

December

Fun trips to Big Bear, and Christmas of course. Also, my brother got engaged (though that might have been last month...)! And of course, we made the decision to start the adoption process.

It's been fun looking back... its been a great year... but I think 2011 can top it!

Happy New Year!

p.s. I was gonna be awesome and provide links to all the stories... but Blake wants me to be done... so you'll have to find them yourself if you are interested. :-D

p.p.s. I read all the books at the right... look quick because soon it will be my 2011 books!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a big year, and a big one to come!
    I have friends who just adopted two kids from Ethiopia - they just passed the court on Dec 21st and now are just waiting to bring them home! Their blog is http://www.safelytoarriveathome.blogspot.com/
    Best of luck and I'll be praying for your process!

    ReplyDelete