Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Snapshot of Life at the start of 2014

Life with an almost four month old and a two year old is not always easy but it is fun. There are challenging times like when I was nursing the baby with my daughter on my lap and talking to someone on the phone to schedule a doctor's appointment. Or when I felt ridiculous using my daughter's doll to try to teach a lesson about what to do when you're mad or how to tell Mom when you need to go to the bathroom. This, by the way, worked rather effectively. And I don't particularly enjoy when I have to leave my son crying somewhere because my daughter decided that was the moment she neeeed to go to the bathroom.

But, I love when my son starts to talk to me or smiles at me. I love seeing his determination to roll over. Which he has done both ways now...but only once. It cracked me up to see my daughter try to give the stick back to the tree on our walk yesterday. Or when she copied my using the doll to take the doll to the bathroom multiple times during the day. I love seeing her vocabulary grow even when I least expect it, and the cute way she says, "helwo." The conversations we have about shadows or just about her favorite people is how we set the foundation for a great relationship in the future.

My days are filled with the mundane of bathroom trips, nursing times and keeping two little ones happy, but I wouldn't trade them for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment