Saturday, July 27, 2013

The Last Few Weeks

Before we went to Ghana back in November, I had only a few pictures of Grace. I remembered thinking to myself that when we saw her and when we had her I was going to take so many pictures of her to make up for lost time and lost pictures.

I took over a hundred pictures of her during the four days that we were in Ghana the first time. Once she came home, I was typically taking at least one picture of her a day, if not more. Every significant or cute or random moment throughout the first few months she was home I had my phone ready and I took another picture.

It was pointed out to me the other day that I hadn't posted a blog in a few weeks, and so I got ready to post one today by looking at my phone and seeing what pictures I had on there that I hadn't posted yet... and there actually weren't very many. Which means in the last few weeks, I haven't taken many pictures of her.

In some ways this made me sad to think that she is becoming such a normal part of life that I don't feel the need to record her outfit or her smile or what we did for the day. On the other hand, maybe it's a good thing. She isn't a novelty any more, she is my daughter, and I love her, and I think she is precious, but I don't feel the need to record her smile, because I get the pleasure of seeing it every day. I don't need to take a picture of her coloring, because I know I will get to see her color again tomorrow. For the most part, life has been normal, with nothing huge going on, and that is a good thing! It is what we hoped for all those months as we completed the adoption process. The chance to get her home and have a normal life with her.

Not to say that I haven't taken any pictures, I did take a few.

This first one was made possible thanks to the fact that Blake can be prone to typical male problems like the rest of his "species." Long story short, a minor infection in his nose kept getting worse and worse until it spread to half of his face AND the swelling started to make his eye swell shut. At this point (instead of in the days earlier when it was less of his face) he FINALLY decides that he should go to the ER (shocking, right?) When he arrives, they basically tell him that he let the infection get so bad that he needs an IV pumping antibiotics into his body as soon as possible, and that they were surprised he didn't come in earlier.

He also was told to take the next three days off work, and even now, four days after starting antibiotics, his nose is still swollen, but starting to improve.

Anyways, during his days at home, he did give me some breaks from Grace as he rested, he also read to her. This one was particularly cute as I had her wearing the crown she made last week in princess ballet.
 photo IMAG0887_zpscab1ec0c.jpg

This video was originally taken to demonstrate Grace's current fad of loving sauces. Ketchup, mustard, A-1, etc. the sauce itself doesn't really matter as I think her favorite part is dipping whatever food she is eating in the sauce. In this one, she was eating watermelon and a peperoncini dipped in ketchup. But as toddlers do, the movie changed as I was recording it to one of her feeding the dogs, and I had to end it to stop her from continuing. 



 photo IMAG0886_zps90dff655.jpg
This is her playing with the blocks at the local fair. 

 photo IMAG0884_zpsb08d0ea1.jpg

This next video is another one of my belly. I posted one a while back that showed the tiny little movements our boy was making, and you had to watch closely for them. Well, he continues to grow and the movements do too! This one shows a big movement at about 27 seconds in and then a few more till about 58 seconds. The rest of the video he is calm again, so you don't have to watch past that. 


So those are my updates... not much to report... just living life, loving my little one, and looking forward to our second child's arrival in a couple more months.

No comments:

Post a Comment