Saturday, July 16, 2011

Experiments in Indian Food

When asked what my favorite kind of food is, I usually don't answer, because truthfully, I do like many different kinds of food. However, lately I have been thinking that my favorite kind is actually Indian food.

Through high school, one of my favorite places to eat was at a little fast food Indian food place by my house and I was so sad when I ended. Then I started going through a sad stage that I couldn't find another fast food style Indian food place to fill its place.

Happily enough though, Blake found a fast food Indian place by his work that quickly became a new favorite that I kept requesting any time that we weren't sure where to go for lunch or dinner. A few weeks ago, we added another place to satisfy our Indian food cravings.

However... we have never been able to accurately duplicate the deliciousness that is Indian food at home! Our most recent attempt was more of a cheat than normal with a prepacked sauce and a box mix for the naan. The naan was pretty close, but the tikka masala still wasn't quite up to par. Not bad, but just not up to restaurant quality.

Here are the pictures of our attempts:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment