Saturday, September 4, 2010

Shopping!

On Thursday I caught up with an old friend from high school. We had lunch and did some window shopping and just talked. It was a really fun time, but it made me really want to buy some new tops for work! (Window shopping is dangerous that way...)

So, when Blake said he needed some clothes (for a much better reason than me... he is still losing weight and didn't even have a week's worth of clothes that fit him), I said I would like to get some too. Not to mention that my Grandma had given me some Macy's giftcards for my birthday back in April that I hadn't spent yet, and my mom gave me some money for clothes for the school year (cause she is sweet like that!), so I could get some stuff guilt free!

Or so I thought.

Blake wanted to know if I needed work tops because my closet/drawers are pretty full. So I had a mini-fashion show to demonstrate that yes... I could use a few more (to be fair, we are trying to save and learn to live with what we have instead of buying, so its not like he is super strict with me or anything, we just keep each other accountable). But... it came with a catch. We had to go through, and organize or good will all my clothes first! It was good to do, and I love how neat and organized everything looks and fits in my space now... but it was a lot of work.

We (finally) went to the Spectrum (a local mall), and got him some clothes at Old Navy and Macy's and bought me some clothes at Macy's and Windsor. Here is what I got:

Photobucket

On the far left are two short sleeve sweaters, one in black, one in a tourquoise green. In the middle is a nice coat (to replace the black one I bought a couple years ago and recently had to goodwill because it was looking ratty and too big). Then we have a long blue short sleeve sweater and a cream colored shirt on the right. I am really excited about these tops and think it will give me more confidence for the school year. Besides... its so much fun to get new clothes!

Oh, and I think that all of these tops are not too dressy that I couldn't pair them with some jeans or capri's and still look nice. Overall, it was a good Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment