Thursday, September 2, 2010

CSA 16

Photobucket

Not that exciting of a box this week in general. Good stuff... just not super exciting. We did get some basil and arugula that turned into an orange and more lettuce, so it would have been more interesting with those things in it.

We have lettuce (lots of salads this week... which is good when it is regularly running in the eighties here), tomatoes (great with those salads), green beans, limes, oranges, grapefruits and one other item.

Its the wrinkly one in the center of the picture. Kinda looks like something that went bad. But its not! I looked it up (and it was confirmed with the e-mail last night) it is a passionfruit. Really good tasting on the inside... reminded me of a sour jelly bean in that it was sweet with a kick, but not the prettiest fruit out there lol.

Our garden is cranking out the eggplants at the moment, so I am scrambling to find enough recipes to use all of them. We have already had a ratatouille with it, and I am planning a lasagna this week as well. Also, I am planning on making a pizza (not the dough though lol) this week, and if we still have plenty of eggplant, it will be a topping on there too. If not, we have plenty of tomatoes and sweet peppers to make up for it.

In other news... as you can see on my ticker... the summer is coming to an end :-( . I am excited about 4th grade... (keeping in mind the previous post), but will miss the long stretches of time I currently have. But I did want to share with you guys some fun websites that I played around with recently as I searched for great websites for my class:

This game has NOTHING to do with 4th grade, but it was on a website that did, but I thought it was a fun game to try to play, you try to guess which president's childhood picture it is:

Photobucket

This other website will probably become one of my top used websites in class because of how many fun, simple math fact practice games it has on it. If you want to brush up on your math facts... or simply explore... or ignore it and think I am crazy for recommending a math practice website... you can!

Photobucket

Anyways... two great websites I found amongst my searching for 4th grade stuff this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment