Monday, April 6, 2009

My 25th birthday dinner



On Sunday, I celebrated my 25th birthday at Napa Rose in Disney's Grand Californian with a group of my relatives and my husband's family.

We got the privilege of sitting at the chef's table, where we are right in front of the kitchen and can see everything that they are making, and even talk to them (if they aren't too busy). The other special thing about the table is that you can ask the chef to create a menu for you of the options based on what you say you like and dislike, or you can basically ask for anything you want (as long as they have the ingredients).

I chose to let them make a meal for me, and even though I gave very little description of what I liked, I think they did a great job! Everything was absolutely delicious, and as you can see in the pictures, it was also beautiful. It seriously showed why they are called the culinary arts.

Afterward, we opened presents in the lobby, and I got lots of gift cards for restaurants, which is one of my favorite gifts, and a bunch of things I asked for. It was a terrific night, and probably my best birthday ever. Yay for 25!

No comments:

Post a Comment