Thursday, December 3, 2015

Back to basics

This blog has been neglected of late, and I feel like half of my posts start like that.

To put it simply, it just hasn't been high on my priority list. As I am not earning a steady income, my contribution to family finances typically means a bunch of little side jobs, that don't make a big dent, but help slightly, and make me feel a lot better.

One of my many side jobs is writing, and I am happy to say that I can call myself a paid writer, even if I am never going to get rich from my current writings.  When I have snatches of free time, I am typically working towards getting more articles accepted, because each one pays me a small, one time amount, and that is enough to keep me going. I would love to also work (more than I have already) towards getting a book published at some point, but at the moment, the small short term payments are more worth my time than the long term investment of a book deal.

All this to say that my recording small snippets of life with a few pictures as a record for prosperity/myself/friends/family has had to sit on the sidelines. I have very purposefully decided to not monetize this blog, because it isn't about the money, and I don't want it to be. It has always been enjoyable to write, and great to look back over and know just how I was feeling about events in life from my posts.

I am going back to basics, and see if I can give at least one post a month that are more what the blog was originally intended to be, as opposed to my articles, or articles that didn't make the cut,  or even big event pictures/stories. This is the moments, the thoughts, the small slices of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment