Saturday, August 9, 2014

Time Flies When you are a Parent

There are times that you don't notice your own speed. For example, the earth is constantly spinning, but we don't ever feel it because we have nothing to compare our movement to.

Life before kids was like that. It was moving, and moving pretty fast, but I never really noticed the passing of time. My theory is that I never had something so pointedly showing me how fast time was moving, we both just kept working at our jobs, year after year, same coworkers, etc.

But my kids really make it feel like life is flying by. Things that I feel aren't too long ago, actually took place quite a while ago. Like Remington's birth! Next month he will turn 1 year old. A year has gone by since being pregnant? Since giving birth to him?

I look at him and I know the baby is quickly disappearing into my little toddler. He still is too afraid to take that first solo step, but he cruises around with ease. Grace is talking in more of complete sentences, doing pretend play with a beautiful imagination and will be starting preschool next month!

I know it is a good thing, and my kids will always show me the passing of time, but it definitely shows just how quick time goes by.

The neglect of this blog is just a symptom of that. My free time is limited to an hour (or less) at naptime and a couple of hours before bed. There are tons of things I would love to do in that time, and somehow, my online record of their lives has been ranking low on the totem pole.

I do take plenty of pictures, and videos and am good about writing at least one sentence about their lives in my journal every night. So, I know this time will not disappear unrecorded.

Here is a record breaking big photo and video blog to make up for no blog in July.


Fourth of July








Dad's Birthday
























No comments:

Post a Comment