Friday, August 12, 2011

Free Money

So this post is kind of an infomercial... but I want to preface it by saying that I waited quite a while before posting on this topic to make sure that it was legit, and not just from other people's statements, but my own.

A little over a month ago, I heard about this site called swagbucks. Bottom line, is that when you use swagbucks as your search engine, you can earn swagbucks that can in turn be redeemed for prizes and giftcards.

Knowing that I really had nothing to lose in this experiment, I set up an account (which was really easy to do) and started searching via swagbucks. My searches, for the record, include stuff that I could just go to a bookmarked page or just type in the url, but I figure one more search can't hurt, so I will "search" for gmail, etc.

Anyways, in this month, I have earned and redeemed 50 dollars at restaurants.com and 5 dollars at amazon.

Every 400 I can get the restaurant.com certificate. Disclaimer on these is that they won't pay for the whole meal (someone has to get something out of it, after all). But last night we had dinner (very tasty) at Wolfgang Puck Bistro. It was a 50 dollar meal, but we only paid 25 because of our restaurant.com certificate. Each of their certificates comes with certain limitations, for example, ours was we had to spend 35 dollars to use the 25 certificate. But still... half off a nice meal isn't bad by me!

For amazon, it is every 425 (I think) for a 5 dollar giftcard. But there is no limitations or you have to spend x amount, I just get 5 more dollars toward my kindle books, just from using this search engine!

This is not to say there are downsides- I will be honest and upfront: you have to screen your searches more closely. It is second nature to me now, but sprinkled throughout the searches that you actually want are sponsored searches- they say they are sponsored if you are looking for it, and you can avoid them easily, but you can see why this search engine can give you money... because many people probably click on the ads, and those sponsors are happy.

I also want to say that all of my earnings have not just been from searches. I earn 3 additional swagbucks daily by 1- using their toolbar, which I don't mind doing because it makes it easier to use this search engine to search, 2- doing the daily poll earns one, 3- clicking on the surveys page. I have done a few surveys, but I usually don't qualify, but just clicking on the page to do them earns a buck.

In addition I have watched swagtv- which earns you a couple dollars for every 10 or so clips you watch. I have done their no obligation special offers, where I click no for all of them and are rewarded for my time with 1 or 2 swagbucks.

If I was so inclined, I could use their coupons, and earn some for every coupon I redeem. I also could do trial offers, or daily deals and get more, but I haven't done any of these yet. I haven't done the coupons because they aren't things that we could get from Sprouts, and the trial offers and daily deals haven't been worth it to me yet, but I wouldn't be opposed to them.

At this point, I have decided to rotate doing the restaurant.com and the amazon cards, but consider that in about a month, I have gotten 50 dollars off of meals that Blake and I will eat at, and 5 dollars at Amazon. This is legitimate and a fun way to stretch our dollar.

Here is a news report talking about swagbucks:


If this made you interested in signing up... you can click HERE or on my link on the right underneath my books.

No comments:

Post a Comment