Wednesday, January 12, 2011

One small step... one giant leap

As my little tracker says at the top, I got the information I needed from our adoption agency, and now we are in possession of the applications for both the adoption process and for the home study (which we can be working on completing both applications at the same time because both have to be done before the next step).

Being eager, I was all set to fill out the adoption application and submit it (relatively small comparatively, only two pages) so I started filling it out, and ran into a few minor setbacks on the first page... like Blake doesn't know where he was born (?) and we needed to look up information on our income for another blank. No big deal.

Unfortunately, the last paragraph stopped me in my tracks, because we not only need a copy of our marriage liscense, but tax forms from the last three years, and a copy of our medical insurance that states it will cover kids. That will take some work to uncover.

The home study application is even more difficult with a lot more questions, a lot more pages, and tiny things (like a passport number) which become big, because I don't have a passport, or my birth certificate to get a passport at the moment.

So... getting the applications is a small step... nothing really...

but it is a giant leap for us... it's really starting! We are completely and totally starting this long journey with this paperwork... yay!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you Lisa!!!! Can't wait to read all about your journey to motherhood. You will be a great mama:)

    ReplyDelete